Candied Walnut Salad
You Will Need:
- Butter, 1 Tbsp.
- Walnuts, 12 oz, halves or pieces
- Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup
- Brandy, 1/4 cup
- Olive Oil, 1 cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/2 cup
- Chives, Parsley, Chervil: 2 Tbsp each, chopped
- Arugula, 6 oz.
- Watercress, 4 oz.
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 8
1. Place the butter in a saucepan and mix in the brown sugar, brandy ad cook for about 6-7 minutes, or until carmalized.
2. Stir in the walnuts and mix throughly.
3. Spread walnut mixture over a lined sheetpan, bake in a 425 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool.
4.. Whisk together the vinegar and herbs and slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
5. Combine the watercress and arugula in a large bowl, add in the candied walnuts and toss with the dressing.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.