You Will Need:
- Onion, 1 whole, chopped
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
- Soy Sauce, 2 Tbsp.
- Cilantro, 3 Tbsp.
- Cumin, 2 tsp.
- Hot Sauce (Sambal or Srichacha), 1 tsp.
- Red Wine, 1/2 cup
- Water, 1/4 cup
- Lemongrass, 1 stalk, cut thin
- Sirloin Steak, 1 lb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Sugarcane Swizzle, 1 package
Recipe Serves: 4
1. In a food processor, puree the first 9 ingredients untill smooth.
2. Pour over the beef in a bowl or bag and let marinate for about 4-5 hours.
3. Place about 5-6 pieces of beef on each skewer and grill for about 5 minutes on an oiled grill or broiler.
4. Take the marinade and place into a small pot and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until reduced by half and serve as a dipping sauce for the skewers.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.