You Will Need:
- Water, 2/3 cup
- Sugar, 1/3 cup
- Maple Syrup, 1/4 cup
- Savory, 8 sprigs
- Butter, 5 Tbsp, melted
- Pecans, 1/3 cup, chopped
- Raisins, 1/4 cup
- Apples, 6 each, medium sized
Recipe Serves: 6
1. Bring the first 3 ingredients to a simmer in a medium sauce pan, steep the savory in the syrup mixture for 10 minutes and then strain out the leaves.
2. After, mix in the melted butter to the syrup.
3. Meanwhile, core the apples and place into a baking dish to be stuffed with the raisins and pecans evenly but loosely.
4. Then pour the syrup/butter mixture over the filling and apples and bake for 30 minutes or till apples are tender.
5. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.