You Will Need:
- Lemon Thyme, 3 Tbsp, chopped
- Bay Leaf, 3 each
- Onions, 4 small, thinly sliced
- Whole Chicken, 1 each, 3 ½ -4 lbs
- White Wine, ½ cup
- Chicken Broth, ½ cup
- Garlic, 3 Tbsp, chopped
- Fresh Lemon Juice, 1 each whole lemons, squeezed
- Salt, 1 Tbsp
- Black Pepper, ½ Tbsp
- Paprika, 1 Tbsp
Recipe Serves: 4-6
1. Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut chicken into quarters, arrange in the prepared baking dish with the sliced onions.
2. Combine wine, broth, garlic, lemon juice, and thyme and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
3. Uncover and baste the chicken with pan drippings, then return to oven, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes longer, or until chicken is juices run clear and the skin is browned.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg