You Will Need:
- Basil, 1cup, stems removed
- Unsalted Butter¸ 1½ sticks, softened
- Salt, 1 Tbsp
- Black Pepper, ½ tsp
Recipe Serves: 20
1. Melt ½ of a stick of butter in a microwave-safe dish. In a small blender mix melted butter and basil.
2. Add 1 stick of warm room temperature butter and blend until well incorporated. Pour into a zip lock bag and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
3. Lay out two sheets of plastic wrap on a counter top. Remove butter from the freezer and take it out of the zip lock bag. Roll up butter in plastic wrap to form smooth log. Tie both ends
4. Store basil butter in the freezer until ready to use, then simply slice off as much as you need and re-freeze the rest.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg