You Will Need:
- Water, 3 cups
- Cornmeal, 1 cup mixed with separate 1 cup of water
- Garlic, 4 cloves, minced
- Basil, 1/2 cup, chopped
- Butter, 1 Tbsp.
- Half & Half, 1/4 cup
- Parmesan Cheese, 3 Tbsp.
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 18 ounces marinara sauce
Recipe Serves: 6
1. Bring the 3 cups of water to a boil on top of a double-boiler.
2. Add the wetted cornmeal, garlic, basil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat until mixture comes to a boil, whisking constantly, then reduce to simmer.
4. Add half and half and let cook for 20-30 minutes.
5. Stir in butter and cheese and remove from heat.
6. Serve with 3 ounces of heated marinara sauce.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.