You Will Need:
- Basil, ½ cup, stems removed
- Garlic, 2 cloves, peeled
- Shallots, 3 each, peeled and halved
- Red Wine Vinegar, ¼ cup
- Sugar, 2 Tbsp
- Black Pepper, ¼ tsp
- Salt ¸ ¼ tsp
- Olive Oil, ¾ cup
1. In a blender, combine all of the ingredients up to the oil. Blend until all of the ingredients are well mixed.
2. With the blender on medium speed, slowly drizzle in the oil. Pour into an air tight container and refrigerate.
3. Use as a dressing on your favorite salad or on sliced tomatoes and mozzarella.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg