Broccoli Lavender Cornbread
You Will Need:
- Cornmeal, 1 cup
- All-Purpose Flour, 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder, 2 tsp.
- Lavender, 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Parsley, 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Lemon Thyme, 2 Tsp, chopped
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Baking Soda, ½ tsp.
- Eggs, 5 each, beaten
- Broccoli, 1 lb, cooked and chopped or frozen and thawed
- Onion, 1 each medium, diced
- Cheddar Cheese, 12 oz, shredded
- Cottage Cheese, 12 oz.
- Cooked Ham, 1 cup, diced
Recipe Serves: 6
1. Combine the first 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl and in a separate bowl, mix the eggs with the remaining ingredients.
2. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry, about 1/3 of the mixture at a time.
3. Spray the inside of a loaf pan with non-stick spray and dust with about 2-3 tsp. of cormeal.
4. Add the batter to the pan and bake at 375 degrees for about 40-60 minutes, or until a cake tester or tootpick comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes prior to slice and serving.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.