Chervil Purslane Soup with Watercress
You Will Need:
- Butter, 2 Tbsp.
- Flour, 2 Tbsp.
- Broth, 3 Cups (chicken or vegetable)
- Purslane, leaves only, 1/2 cup
- Chervil, leaves only, 1 cup
- Watercress, 2 cups
- Half & Half, 1 cup
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 6
1. Make a roux by combining the flour and butter over low heat and cook for five minutes.
2. Add the broth and cook for another ten, then add in the herbs and watercress.
3. Cook for 5 minutes, then puree and finish with half and half till just hot.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.