You Will Need:
- Dill¸ 1 bunch, chopped
- Bay Leaf, 2 each
- Garlic, 4 cloves, chopped
- Salt, 1 Tbsp
- Sugar, 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, ¼ cup
- Pickling Cucumbers, 2 lbs, quartered
Recipe Serves: 6
1. Start by thoroughly sterilizing a large canning jar, placing it in boiling water for 5 minutes then drying with a clean kitchen towel.
2. Place cucumbers, bay leaf, garlic, salt, sugar, and vinegar in the jar.
3. Place the dill on top of the cucumbers and fill to the top with boiling water.
4. Seal quickly while hot with jar lid (Lid must have rubber lining to form an airtight seal). Place exposed to sunlight for 7 days. Refrigerate after opening.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg