Double the Pork Stuffed Chops
You Will Need:
- Sage, 3 Tbsp, chopped
- Thyme, 3 Tbsp, chopped
- Salt, 1 Tbsp
- Honey, ¾ cup
- Ham, 1 cup cooked, chopped
- Bread Crumbs, 3 cups
- Eggs, 1 each
- Chicken Broth, 15 oz
- Pork Chops, 6 each, 8 oz, thick cut
- Olive Oil, 1 tsp
- Water, ½ cup
Recipe Serves: 4
1. In medium bowl combine ham, bread crumbs, egg, and ½ chicken broth. In a separate bowl mix together salt, honey, thyme and sage. Cut a pocket horizontally into each pork chop and rub with salt mixture. Stuff pork chop with ham stuffing and secure with a tooth pick.
2. Coat a nonstick baking dish with cooking spray and bake at 350°F until nicely browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove chops from oven and drain any fat from the pan. Replace pork chops in pan and pour remaining chicken broth and water over meat.
4. Cover and return to oven for another 25-30 minutes, or until tender. Serve with your favorite rice or potato dish.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg