Eggplant w/ Thai Basil sauce
You Will Need:
- Thai Basil, ¼ cup, chiffonade
- Vegetable Oil, 1 Tbsp
- Sugar, 1 Tbsp
- Garlic, 3 cloves, minced
- Fish Sauce, 2 Tbsp
- Soy Sauce, 2 Tbsp
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, 1 tsp
- Eggplant, 2 each
Recipe Serves: 4, as a side
1. Cut eggplant into 1-inch cubes
2. Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat, add the oil, pepper flakes and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add eggplant and sauté for 2-3 minutes then add ½ cup water, cover, and simmer for 5-7 minutes
4. Add the soy, fish sauce, and sugar and bring to a boil to thicken slightly. Add the Thai basil and serve hot.
Recipe developed by Chef Katie Reineberg.