Endive and Fennel Gratin
You Will Need:
- 5 endives (about 2 pounds), halved, leaves separated
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 ounces white cheddar, finely grated
Preheat oven to 450°. Toss endives, fennel, garlic, and butter in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish and pour cream over.
Bake until liquid is almost completely reduced and endive is softened and browned, 25–30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and cheddar and bake again until top is golden brown and bubbling, 15–20 minutes.
See recipe in bonappetit.com
Recipe by Alison Roman
Photograph by Christopher Testani