Epazote Quinoa Pilaf
You Will Need:
- Quinoa, 1 cup, rinsed and drained
- Butter, 1/4 cup
- Onion, 1 medium, fine chopped
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
- Epazote, 1/3 cup, chopped
- Cilantro, 2 Tbs, chopped
- Bay Leaf, 1 each
- Vegetable Stock, 4 cups
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 4
1. In a large pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat and saute the onion for about 8-10 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
2. Mix in the garlic and herbs for 3 minutes before adding in the quinoa and stock.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to low heat and let simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until the quinoa is soft, then drain the mixture.
4. Discard the bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.