Fire & Smoke Pesto
You Will Need:
- Jalapenos, Basil, Cilantro: 1 cup each
- Garlic, 2 cloves, peeled
- Smoked Paprika, 1 Tbsp.
- Cumin Seed, 1 tsp, ground
- Parmesan Cheese, 1/3 cup
- Pine Nuts, 1/3 cup
- White Wine Vinegar, 1 Tbsp.
- Olive Oil, 2/3 cup
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 2 Cups
1. Combine all ingredients, minus oil, in a blender and puree till smooth.
2. With the blender on low, slowly pour in the olive oil.
3. Let stand for at least 5 minutes prior to serving.
*Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.