Fragrant White Rice with Thai Basil
You Will Need:
- Thai Basil, 3 Tbsp, chopped
- White Rice, 3 cups, uncooked
- Salt, 2 Tbsp
- Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp
- Garlic, 2 Tbsp, minced
- Water, 6 cups
Recipe Serves: 8
1. In a 3-quart sauce pot bring water, 4 Tbsp oil, and salt to a boil. Add rice and stir continuously until water is mostly absorbed.
2. Cook covered on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. When rice is fully cooked place in a large mixing bowl and fluff with a fork.
3. In a separate pan heat remaining Tbsp olive oil and garlic. Pour Garlic along with oil over rice and top with Thai Basil. Mix until combined. Serve as an accompaniment to your favorite meat or stirfry.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg