Galic Culantro Sofrito
You Will Need:
- Culantro, ½ cup leaves, chopped
- Cilantro, ¼ cup leaves, chopped
- Jalapeno Pepper, 1 each, halved, seeds removed
- Onion, ¾ cup, diced
- Tomatoes, 3 large, chopped
- Garlic, 1 head, peeled and halved
- Butter, ½ Tbsp
- Salt and Pepper, ½ Tbsp each
- Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp
- Lime Juice, 1 Tbsp
Recipe Serves: 6
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely chopped like salsa and well combined.
Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
*Sofrito can be used as a sauce on top of grilled meats, as a side dish to vegetables, or even as a salsa-like dip. It can be used hot or cold.
Recipe developed by Chef Katie Reineberg and edited by Chef Danny Klein.