Green Pea Soup
You Will Need:
- Dill, ½ tsp, chopped
- Parsley, 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Onions, ½ cup, chopped
- Peas, 24 oz package frozen
- Potatoes, 1 cup, cubed
- Chicken Broth, 1 can or about 14 oz
- Evaporated Milk, 1 can or about 12 oz
Recipe Serves: 4
1. In a 3-quart sauce pan combine first six ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Place vegetables in blender with half of liquid. Blend until smooth (can be done in batches if blender is too small). Return to sauce pot, add evaporated milk and cook over low heat for 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if desired
3. Serve with toasted garlic bread and fresh herbs or sour cream.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg