Grilled Chicken Gyro
You Will Need:
- Parsley, 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Dill, 1 tsp, chopped
- Chicken, 4 each boneless skinless cutlets
- Yogurt, ½ cup plain
- Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp
- Cucumber, 1 oz grated, squeezed dry
- Lemon Juice, ½ Tbsp
- Garlic, ½ Tbsp, minced
- Pita Bread, 4 pockets, warmed
- Lettuce, 1 cup, shredded
- Red Onions, 4 oz or about 1 small, sliced
- Tomatoes, 1 whole, sliced
- Olives, 12 each of your favorite variety
1. In a medium bowl mix together cucumber, parsley, dill, yogurt, lemon juice, and garlic. Set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Brush chicken with olive oil and grill over medium heat until chicken is fully cooked for about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Assemble Gyro in a pita with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions, and chicken. Top with sauce.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg