Grilled Fish with Tomato & Herb Cream Sauce
You Will Need:
- Thyme, 2 tsp, chopped
- Tarragon, 1 ½ Tbsp, chopped
- Oregano, 1 ½ tsp, chopped
- Onions, 2 Tbsp, diced
- Garlic, 2 Tbsp, minced
- Plum Tomatoes, 1 ½ cups, seeds removed and diced
- Heavy Cream, ½ cup
- Vinegar, 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice, 4 Tbsp
- Olive Oil, ¼ cup
- White Fish such as Halibut, 4 each, 6 ounce fillets or steaks
Recipe Serves: 4
1. In a small sauce pan combine half of the garlic, onions, and lemon juice with 1 Tbsp vinegar. Sauté over medium heat until no liquid remains. Add heavy cream and thyme. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow sauce to thicken.
2. In medium bowl, mix tomato, remaining onion, garlic, lemon juice, tarragon and oregano. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside at room temperature until ready to serve.
3. Grill fish over medium heat, cooking 5 minutes on each side until meat is tender and fully cooked in center. Serve topped with sauce and accompanied with tomatoes.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg