Grilled Fruit Skewers
You Will Need:
- Pineapple, 1 each, peeled, cored
- Apple, 3 each, (one red, one green), cored
- Papaya, 2 each, peeled, pitted
- Mango, 2 each, peeled, pitted
- Peaches, 3 each, pitted
- Sugar, 1/4 cup
- Butter, 2 Tbsp, melted
- Sugar Cane Skewers, 1 package
1. Cut all the fruit into 1 inch chunks, leaving the skin on the apple and peaches and toss in a bowl with the sugar.
2. Place the fruit chunks onto the skewers, rotating between fruits (pineapple, mango, red apple, peach, green apple, papaya) and repeat for all skewers.
3. Preheat the grill to a low heat and brush with the melted butter.
4. Place the skewers onto the grill and cook on each side for a few minutes until grill marks appear on the fruit.
5. Place onto a platter and serve immediately as is.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.