Grilled Lamb on Rosemary Skewers
You Will Need:
- 2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cut into chunks
- 10 to 20 fresh figs
- Rosemary branches
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, more or less
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
Start a charcoal or wood fire or heat a gas grill; fire should be moderately hot. Thread lamb and figs onto rosemary branches, three or four chunks or figs per skewer. Do not mix meat and figs on same skewer.
Brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix together the lemon juice, garlic and minced rosemary and brush a little of this mixture on lamb and figs.
Grill, turning skewers as each side browns and taking care to avoid flare-ups; total cooking time should be from 6 to 10 minutes for medium-rare meat, and 4 or 5 minutes for the figs. Meat will become slightly more done after you remove it from grill, so take this into account.
See Recipe in cooking.nytimes.com