Grilled Steak with Chimichurri
You Will Need:
- Italian Parsley or Cilantro, ½ cup, chopped
- Oregano, ¼ cup, chopped
- Olive oil, ½ cup
- Garlic, ¼ cup, peeled
- Onion, ¼ cup, large dice
- Vinegar, ¼ cup
- Butter, 1 Tbsp
- Steak, 6 each, 6-8 oz steaks
Recipe Serves: 6
1. Add first six ingredients in a food processor and chop for one minute until everything is finely diced. Melt butter in pan and sauté the pureed mixture for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Season steaks with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning. With your grill on medium high heat, grill the steaks for about 4 minutes on each side or until preferred doneness.
3. Chimichurri can be served on top of steaks or on the side as an accompaniment.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg