Grilled Whole Fish with Herbs and Lemon
- Parsley, 1 oz, whole leaves
- Tarragon, 1 oz, whole leaves
- Dill, 1 oz, whole sprigs
- Whole Fish, such as Red Snapper, 2 each 1 lb whole fish, cleaned, scales and gills removed, gutted
- Lemon, 2 each, cut into ¼ inch slices
- Garlic, 4 large cloves, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp
- Salt, 1 Tbsp
- Pepper, 1 tsp
1. Preheat grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat
2. Rise fish inside and out and thoroughly dry with paper towels. Brush each fish with the olive oil, drizzling some on the inside as well as coating the outsides. Season the inside cavity of each fish with salt and pepper. Stuff the inside of each fish with lemon slices and a large bunch of the whole herb blend.
3. Place whole fish on the grill and cook 7-8 minutes per side, turning once.
4. To serve, remove and discard herb bunches. Place whole fish on a platter and garnish with the grilled sliced lemons.
Recipes and Pictures by Chef Katie Reineberg