Herbed Tomato Concasse
You Will Need:
- Roma tomatoes, 2 lbs.
- Pasta Blend, 1/2cup
- Thyme, 2 Tbs.
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 2 cups
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. On the bottom of the tomatoes, make an “X” with a pairing knife, but not too deep, and drop into the boiling water for 20-30 seconds.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and pluge into ice water to shock. Peel skin, cut in half and squeeze out the seeds gently.
4. With a serrated knife, dice the tomatoes and let stand for 10 minutes.
5. Chop the herbs, season with salt/pepper and mix together.
*Great for fish, fresh cooked pasta or cooked vegetables. Can be served hot or at room temperature by reheating in a pan over low heat.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.