Herring in Sorrel Sauce
You Will Need:
- Herring, 6 filets, (2-3 lbs.)
- Sorrel leaves, 2 cups
- Lemon Juice, 1/4 cup
- Lemon Zest, 1 Tbsp.
- Olive Oil, 1/2 cup
- Shallots, 2, minced,
- White Wine, 1/2 cup
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 6
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl or bag and let the fish marinate for 1-2 hours.
2. Remove fish and pour marinade into a pan.
3. Bring marinade to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the sorrel is soft, about 6-8 minutes.
4. In a large pan, heat up 2 Tbsp. of butter and place the filets in the pan, and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
5. Puree and strain the sauce and serve hot over the herring.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.