Italian White Beans
You Will Need:
- Tarragon, 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Bay Leaf, 1 each
- Onion, 1 cup, finely chopped
- Crushed Red Pepper Flake, ¼ tsp
- Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp
- Garlic, 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Water, 1 Tbsp
- Navy Beans, 1 each, 16 oz cans
- Vinegar, 2 tsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Black Pepper, ¼ tsp
Recipe Serves: 4
1. In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté for 3- 4 minutes. Add red pepper, garlic, bay leaf; and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
2. Add in water, beans, and tarragon. Continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes until beans are hot. Remove bay leaf and discard.
3. Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve as an accompaniment to your favorite chicken or seafood dish.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg