Lavender Shortbread Cookies with Lemon Sugar
You Will Need:
Lavender, 1 ½ Tbsp, finely chopped
All Purpose Flour, 1 cup
Lemon Juice, 1 Tbsp
Lemon Zest, 1 Tbsp
Cornstarch, 2 Tbsp
Powdered Sugar, ½ cup
Granulated Sugar, 1 Tbsp
Vegetable Oil, ¼ cup
Butter, 5 Tbsp, softened
Salt, ½ tsp
Recipe Serves: 24 cookies, serving size 1 cookie
1. In a medium bowl combine flour, cornstarch, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, oil, lemon juice, and powdered sugar. With the mixer on low speed, add in flour mixture until well combined then add in lavender.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured table and knead until a smooth ball forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
4. While the dough is chilling, combine lemon zest and granulated sugar and set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 325°.
6. Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; press dough into an 8 x 8–inch rectangle about ½ -inch thick. Using a fork, poke holes all over the surface of the dough, and then sprinkle with the lemon-sugar mixture.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top and edges are golden. Cut shortbread into 24 pieces while still warm, and then cool completely before serving.