Lemon Balm Macerated Berries
You Will Need:
- Strawberries, 1 pint, rinsed, hulled and halved
- Blueberries, 1 pint, rinsed
- White Sugar (or lavender sugar), 2 Tbs.
- Grand Marnier, ¼ cup
- Pinch of Salt
- Lemon Balm, 1 Tbs, chiffonade
1. In a bowl, mix the strawberries with the sugar, lemon balm Grand Marnier and salt and toss till coated throughly.
2. Let strawberriies stand for about 45 minutes in a warm area (or room temperature) before folding in the blueberries.
*This can be served warm over ice cream, cake, french toast, waffles, pancakes or as a sauce for almost any dessert. If lemon balm is unavailable, try using basil and 2 tsp. of lemon juice.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.