Lentil Soup with Mushrooms and Savory
You Will Need:
- Savory, 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Lentils, ¾ cup, dry
- Brown Rice, ¾ cup, dry
- Crimini Mushrooms, 2 cups, quartered
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
- Onion, ½ cup, diced
- Bay Leaves, 2 each
- Chicken Stock, 2 quarts
- Vegetable Oil, 1 Tbsp
- Salt, 2 tsp
- Pepper, 2 tsp
Recipe Serves: 4
1. Preheat a large stockpot with oil. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic and sauté over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until soft.
2. Add in the lentils, brown rice, bay leaves, and savory. Stir to combine with mushroom mixture, then add in the stock.
3. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper and remove and discard bay leaves before serving..
4. If soup is too thick, add extra stock or water.
Recipe, Pictures, and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg