You Will Need:
- Crushed Tomatoes, 1 can (32 oz.)
- Tomato Paste, 1 can (6 oz.)
- Onion, 1 small, fine chopped
- Garlic, 1 clove, fine chopped
- Olive Oil, 1/4 cup
- Celery, 1 stalk, fine chopped
- Carrot, 1 large, peeled, fine chopped
- Basil, 1/3 cup, chiffonade
- Oregano, 2 Tbs,fine chopped
- Bay Leaf, 2 each
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
1. Over a medium-high heat, place a large pot with the oil and saute the onions and garlic for about 10 min. or until the onions are translucent.
2. Next, add the celery and carrot to the pot, sauté till soft, and add the tomatoes, tomatoe paste and herbs.
3. Simmer with a cover over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour.
3. Season with salt and pepper, remove bay leaves and serve over your favorite pasta.
*Store in an airtight container after cooling and freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.