Mint Chocolate Crème Brulee
You Will Need:
- Mint, 10 leaves, finely chopped
- Hot Chocolate Mix, 1 packet, any brand
- Heavy Cream, 11 oz
- Sugar, 6 Tbsp
- Egg Yolks, 2 oz, about 4 medium yolks
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
Recipe Serves: 4
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together, egg yolks, 4 Tbsp sugar, vanilla, and mint. Add in hot chocolate packet.
2. Whisk in heavy cream. Fill 2 Crème Brulee dishes with filling. Place both dishes in a square baking pan that has at least a 2 inch side. Place baking pan in oven and fill baking pan with water until water is 2/3 up the side of the Crème Brulee dishes. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
3. Crème Brulee are done when the center does not move and the custard has set all around the dish. Remove the dishes from the oven and take out of the water bath. Sprinkle each dish with remaining sugar. Take a small torch and brown the sugar. This can also be done in a broiler on high heat.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg