Neapolitan Mushroom Soup
You Will Need:
- Marjoram, 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Thyme, 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Parsley, 3 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Egg yolks, 3 each egg yolks
- Parmesan Cheese, 1/3 cup, grated
- Romano Cheese, 2 Tbsp, grated
- Butter, 2 Tbsp
- Olive Oil 2 Tbsp
- Garlic, 3 cloves, chopped
- Mushrooms, 1 ½ lbs, sliced
- Plum Tomatoes, 4 each, chopped, seeds removed
- Asparagus, 1 lb, cut into ½ inch pieces
- Beef Broth, 5 cups
Recipe Serves: 6
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pot over low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Add one cup of beef broth and fresh mushrooms. Cook on medium heat for 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes, asparagus, marjoram and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes, then add in remaining beef broth.
2. In separate bowl whisk together egg yolks, cheeses and parsley. Slowly add in ½ cup at a time of the hot soup to the egg mixture, until 2 cups of soup are added to eggs and the eggs are hot. Pour the heated egg mixture into soup.
3. Simmer on low heat until the soup is thickened. Serve with toasted garlic bread.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg