Oregano Stuffed Mushrooms
You Will Need:
- Mushrooms, 12 large
- Olive Oil, 3 Tbs.
- Garlic, 1 clove, minced
- Parsley, 1/3 cup, chopped
- Oregano, 1/4 cup, chopped
- Breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup
- Dry White Wine, 1/2 cup
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 6-12
1. Wipe the mushrooms clean with a moist towel and remove the stems.
2. Dice the stems and saute in a medium pan with oil and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients, minus the wine.
4. Pack the stuffing into each cap, forming a mound ontop.
5. Arrange mushrooms in a buttered 11″x8″ dish and pour the wine around, but not over the mushrooms.
6. Bake at 350 for 10 min. and then 1 min on broil until the top is golden brown.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.