Pansy Pear Gorgonzola Bruschetta
You Will Need:
- 1 loaf hearty multi-grain bread or Baguette
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz. soft Gorgonzola
- 5 ripe pears
- Honey to drizzle on pears
- Handful washed and dried pansies
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Slice bread on the diagonal into 1/2″ slices (about 12 – 14 slices). If slices are very large, cut in half. Lay out slices of bread on parchment paper on a cookie sheet . Brush bread with olive oil. Spread cheese on the bread.
3. Slice each pear into 6 slices. Figure 1 pear per slice of bread. You will have to judge by the size of the bread you have chosen to use.
4. Toast bread in oven about 2-3 minutes. Remove toast when toast is golden brown and cheese is beginning to melt and lightly bubbling.
5. Immediately layer pear slices on top of the toasted cheese. Top with a few pansies; drizzle honey over the pears and pansies; sprinkle with a few fresh herbs such as thyme, tiny basil leaves, or marjoram.
6. Serve on a lovely platter as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to a spring salad for a light, but filling spring lunch.
Goat cheese may be substituted for the Gorganzola cheese.
See recipe in hubpages.com