You Will Need:
- Peaches, 8 cups, peeled, pitted and diced
- Vanilla Bean, 1 each, split
- Cinnamon Stick, 1 each
- Star Anise, 1 Tbs.
- Orange: 1 each, peel and juice only
- Lemon, 1 each, peel and juice only
- Water, 1 cup
- Lemon Balm, 2 Tbs.
- Cranberry Juice, 2 cups
- Champagne, 1/2 cup
- Sugar, 1/2 cup
Recipe Serves: 8
1. In a large pot, combine all the ingredients, minus the champagne, and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes before straining out the vanilla bean, star anise, cinnamon and citrus peels.
3. Take remaining mixture and puree in a blender until smooth and add in the champagne.
4. Chill for 1-2 hours prior to serving.
*Make sure the inside of the vanilla bean is scraped for best flavor. If fresh peaches are unavailable, canned will work, but the amount of sugar may need to be reduced. You can also try lemon verbena if available instead of lemon balm.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.