Pepper & Herb Crusted Tuna Steaks
You Will Need:
- Basil, 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Thyme, 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Black Pepper, ¼ cup, cracked
- Ahi Tuna, 4 (7-8 oz.) steaks
- Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp.
- Baby Bok Choy, 4 heads, quartered
- Fish Stock, 2 cups
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
- Wasabi Paste, 2 tsp.
- Soy Sauce, 1/4 cup
- Oyster Sauce, 2 Tbsp.
Recipe Serves: 4
1. In a small bowl, combine the pepper and herbs and sprinkle and press onto both sides of the tuna.
2. In a large pan, add the oil over high heat and sear the tuna for about 2-3 minutes on each side (for a beautiful rare) or 6-8 minutes for it to be cooked through.
3. Remove the tuna from the pan and add the baby boy choy, wasabi, garlic, oyster and soy sauces and fish stock.
4. Bring to a boil and let simmer till the mixture has reduced by about half.
5. Take the baby bok choy and place it into the bottom of serving bowls before ladling in some broth and topping it with a tuna steak.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.