Servings: 1 loaf or 4 mini-loaves
You Will Need:
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped pineapple sage leaves (the small, new leaves are best)
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pineapple sage flowers, if available
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons well drained crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
Pineapple Sage Cake
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour loaf pan(s).
Cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Beat in the honey. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for one minute after each. Stir in the sage leaves, flowers, lemon peel, and crushed pineapple.
Whisk the dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture. Fold together gently, until batter is just blended.
Pour into loaf pan(s).
Bake for approximately 45 minutes (a little less for mini loaves). Cakes should be golden brown and spring back to the touch when done. A wooden pick inserted into the center will come out clean.
See recipe in davesgarden.com