Piri Piri Beef Skewers
You Will Need:
- Red Chili Paste, 1 Tbs
- Jalapeno, 1, seeded, chopped
- Poblano Pepper, 1, seeded, chopped
- Lemon Juice, 1/2 cup
- Paprika, 1 tsp.
- Cilantro, 3 Tbs.
- Garlic, 4 cloves, peeled
- Olive Oil, 1 cup
- Sirloin Beef, 2 lbs
- Sugar Can Swizzles, 1 package
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 4
1. Combine the first 8 ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2. Slice the beef into 1/2 inch pieces and toss in a bowl the the pureed sauce to marinate for 4-5 hours.
3. After marinating, remove the beef from the sauce and pierce the meat with a knife, then place 5-6 pieces on each sugar cane, like a skewer.
4. Cook the skewers on a medium-high grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. Meanwhile, take the remaining marinade and place it in a pot to come to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes before serving with the beef skewers.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.