You Will Need:
- Coconut Milk, 1 can (13.5 oz.)
- Brown Sugar, 2 Tbs.
- Red Curry Paste, 2 Tbs.
- Olive Oil, 1 Tbs.
- Yellow Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Green Bell Pepper: 1 each, julienned
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
- Shrimp, 1 lb, peeled and deveined
- Thai Basil, 1/3 cup
- Fish sauce, 1 tsp.
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 4
Red Curry Shrimp
1. In a large pot, bring the first three ingredients to a simmer.
2. Meanwhile, in a pan, heat the oil and saute the vegetable and garlic till soft and onions are translucent and add to pot along with the shrimp.
3. Simmer until the shrimp are cooked (about 10 min.) and stir in the fish sauce and Thai basil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Sever over rice and garnish with Thai basil leaves.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.