Sage & Squash Stackers
You Will Need:
Zucchini, 1 lb.
Yellow Squash, 1 lb.
Olive Oil, 1/2 cup
Shredded Cheese, 1 lb. bag, any blend (mozzarella, cheddar, jack, swiss, etc…)
Sage, 1/2 cup, chiffonade
Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 8
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Slice vegetables into ¼ inch coins toss in a bowl with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place onto a sheet pan and bake for about ten minutes, or till slices look dry and tender.
4. Remove from oven and drop temperature to 350
5. Layer the slices in a lightly oiled muffin pan with the cheese and sage leaves, alternating between the colors and ending with cheese on top.
6. Return to oven and bake for about 7-10 minutes, or until cheese is golden and melted.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.