Sardine, Avocado and Radish Salad with Upland Cress
You Will Need:
- 1 to 2tins, depending on how many you want on each salad of two layer brisling sardines in olive oil, drained
- 2avocados, split, pit removed and sliced into rounds
- 4large radishes, sliced thinly
- 1tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh chives, cut into batons
- 1tablespoon flat leaf parsley
- 1 or 2 lemons
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ground pepper
- 1 bunch of upland cress
Carefully remove the sardines with a fork from the can. The idea is to keep them whole. Place then into a shallow flat container and squeeze the juice half a lemon over them. Sprinkle them with half the parsley and 1 teaspoon of chives. Season them with a pinch of pepper and salt. Let them sit for 15 minutes.
While they are sitting attractively place the avocado into bowls. Now place 4 to 6 sardines into each bowl and then scatter the radishes over the top. Tuck in small bunches of cress. Garnish with remaining chives and parsley. Dress with a squeeze of lemon juice and some more olive oil. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper and serve.
See the recipe in food52.com