Sauteed Broccoli w/ Savory
You Will Need:
- Broccoli, 1 lb, fresh
- Water, 2 Quarts
- Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp.
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
- Lemon zest, 1 tsp.
- Savory, 2 Tbsp., minced
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 6
1.Wash and clean the broccoli and cut into florets with a little of the stem still sttached.
2. With the remaining stems, cut them into thin coins, a bit smaller than the florets.
3. In a large pot, bring the water and broccoli to a boil and let simmer for 3-4 minute or until tender but still crisp.
4. Drain the pot and rinse the broccoli in ice water to prserve its color.
5. In a saute pan, heat the oil and saute the garlic for a minute or two.
6. Add the broccoli, cook for 5 minutes and toss together with the zest, savory and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.