Shrimp Stuffed Tomatoes
You Will Need:
- Chervil, ¼ cup, chopped
- Chives, ¼ cup, chopped
- White Bread, 6 slices, toasted and cubed
- Shrimp, ½ lb cooked, chopped into bite size pieces
- Butter¸ 1 Tbsp, melted
- Garlic, 4 cloves, chopped
- Tomatoes, 4 large
- Parmesan Cheese, ½ cup, grated
- Lemon Juice, 1 Tbsp
Recipe Serves: 4
1. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Cut the tops off of tomatoes and slice a small bit off of the bottom to keep them standing up.
2. In a bowl, mix together the herbs, bread, cooked shrimp, bitter, garlic, lemon, and ½ of the cheese.
3. Stuff the mixture into the tomatoes making sure not to pack them too tight. Place tomatoes in a lightly greased baking dish, keeping them 1 inch apart. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through out and cheese is melted.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg