Sorrel Stuffed Lamb
You Will Need:
- Garlic, 6 cloves, minced into a paste
- Butter, 3 Tbsp.
- Sorrel, 1 oz, chiffonade, midrib removed
- Rosemary, 1/3 cup, leaves only
- Leg of Lamb, 4-5 lbs.
- Dry Vermouth, 1/4 cup
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 6
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and mix in the sorrel, rosemary and garlic.
2. Cut or spread open the lamb so that the meat cut from the bone is exposed and facing up. Spread the sorrel, garlic, butter mixture over the meat and roll the roast back up, securing the stuffing inside with twine.
3. Place the stuffed lamb into a roasting pan and pour the vermouth over the top and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place in a 325 degree oven and roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until 155 degrees in the center.
5. Let stand at least 10 minutes, remove the strings and slice against the grain on a bias.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.