Spaghetti in Squash Blossom Sauce
You Will Need:
- Olive Oil, 1 Tbs.
- Butter, 1 Tbs.
- Red Onion, Carrot, Celery stalk: 1 each, medium, fine chopped
- Basil, 2 Tbs, chiffonade
- Parsley, ¼ cup, fine chopped
- Squash Blossoms, 12, quartered
- Chicken Stock, 1 cup
- Eggs, 1 Yolk
- Parmesan Cheese, ¼ cup
- Hot Water, 3 Tbs.
- Spaghetti, ½ lb, any large style noodle, cooked
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 2
1. Add the olive oil to a large saute pan over medium-high heat and saute the onion for about 3 minutes, then add in the carrot and celery for about 5-6 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
2. Mix in the squash blossoms, basil, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the stock over everything in the pan, bring to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated, then remove from the heat.
4.In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk and water together until combined, making sure not to scramble the yolk, then add into the sauce along with the cheese.
5. Add the cooked pasta into the pan with the sauce and toss together till coated and serve hot.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.