Summer Veggies with Mint Pesto
You Will Need:
- Olive oil
- 8-10 stems broccoli rabe – any stalks that are too stiff removed
- 6-8 radishes, cut into bite size pieces (quarters for large ones, halves for medium ones)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- Edible flowers such as calendulas, pansies or violets (You might find some in the store with the herbs!) (these are totally optional!)
- For the pesto:
- The radish tops from your radishes above (approx 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed mint
- 2 Tbsp. best quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Start by preparing the pesto – combine all ingredients in a food processor, mixing until they form a thick paste. Add more olive oil if needed or preferred.
Before sautéing, prep the broccoli rabe: Boil a pot of water and blanch the broccoli rabe in boiling water for 90 seconds. Remove to an ice bath and allow to cool. Drain.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet, then sauté the broccoli rabe, radishes and green beans until they start to blister and brown a little. Turn down the heat and toss with a very generous amount of pesto – you’ll likely use 2/3 of what you make.
Plate and garnish with edible flowers.
See Recipe in pdxfoodlove.com