Sweet Squash Blossom Fritters
You Will Need:
- Squash Blossoms, 1 container (6-7 flowers)
- Canola Oil, 1cup
- Flour, 1 cup
- Whole Milk, ½ cup
- Salt, pinch
- Cinnamon, ¼ cup
- White Sugar, ½ cup
Recipe Serves: 6
1. In a frying pan, heat the oil to about 350 degrees.
2. Then, combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the milk, salt and flour to make a batter.
4. Holding the stem of the flower between your fingers, dip the petals into the batter.
5. Let the excess drip off and place into the pan.
6. Cook until golden brown.
7. Toss the flowers in the cinnamon sugar and eat!
This can also be served with caramel sauce.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.