Whole Wheat Pancakes with Lavender Syrup
You Will Need:
- Lavender, 2 Tbsp, whole
- Maple Syrup, 1 cup, your favorite brand
- All Purpose Flour, ¾ cup
- Whole Wheat Flour, ¾ cup
- Baking Powder, 1 tsp
- Baking Soda, 1 tsp
- Brown Sugar, 1 ½ Tbsp
- Buttermilk, 1 cup
- Fat Free Milk, ½ cup
- Salt, ½ tsp
- Eggs, 2 each
Recipe Serves: 4-6
1. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, milk, and eggs.
3. Slowly stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk to remove any lumps.
4. Preheat a griddle and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Using a ¼ cup measuring scoop, drop pancake batter on griddle and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until done. Continue with remaining batter and keep warm in the oven.
5. While pancakes are cooking, warm maple syrup over medium heat and add in lavender. Bring to a simmer, then cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes then strain out lavender. Serve warm with pancakes.
Recipe, Pictures, and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg